BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-22-2016, 04:36 AM   #1
Matei
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

E92 M3 Manual gearbox 1st and 2nd gear problems

Hello guys,

I started having trouble with 1st and 2nd gear. When standstill and want to put in 1st gear in it does not go in the first time. I have to press the clutch 1 or 2 times before it accepts first gear. Second gear is difficult also. When coming from 3rd to 2nd it grinds and does not go in. If I double clutch it goes in ok. I suspect the syncros for the first and second gears. I have to say that the clutch is in good condition. It does not slip at all. My car is out of warranty and also pretty modified, ESS VT2-650 and many more, so not much help form the dealer who told me there are no gearbox parts available. Only complete gearbox. They told me that is a pretty common problem. I have tried to find the parts but with no luck. I am pretty sure that the syncro is the problem. Can someone point me in the right direction here? I am interested in these parts. They can be OEM or aftermarket racing parts. I tried motorsport24.de and they do not have the parts. I will try an gearbox oil change but I am sure that it wont help to much.

Looking forward to your answers.

Best regards,

Matei
Appreciate 0