BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-10-2016, 11:16 AM   #1
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

Alpine GTS Tune and Rogue Test Pipes

I bought an E92 about a month ago and started reading this forum for performance upgrades, keeping in mind that I wanted to keep my car NA for track use. Since my car is DCT I was also interested in increasing the performance of the shifting.

My car being an 08 had the original factory tune on it, and I decided to go with Alex @Alpine for the tune on the car, I also wanted to add the Rogue test pipes.

Driving impressions:

The GTS tune is simply a huge improvement in drive-ability, smoothness and shifting. I can't state enough how much better my car runs with this tune on the car. Shifts are quick and crisp and acceleration is noticeably stronger. I uploaded the tune first before installing the test pipes and then did the test pipe tune about a week after when the pipes were installed. I had a chance yesterday to do some extended driving with the test pipes.

My car came with an exhaust from DRB Dr Beemer, the exhaust droned quite a bit at 3k rpm on the highway, I noticed almost immediately that the GTS tune reduced drone dramatically on the highway. After installing the resonated Rogue pipes the drone was even further reduced. In all I would say that the Rogue pipes and DRB exhaust are actually more quite than stock. I chose not to go with straight pipes to keep the car more stealth. If you want loud don't go with the resonated pipes.

I was out last night working the gears to redline in 3rd, 4th, 5th, each time the car was spinning the wheels after each gear change. I was really surprising the speed increase in the car. It is noticeable over stock and I can say I am very happy with these upgrades.

Alex is great to work with, and went out of his way to help me get this software installed on a Saturday. I would really recommend though that you have a battery charger hooked up to your car when your downloading the software, voltage drops can cause you to have the software download to interrupt.

This is an incredibly inexpensive upgrade that just has no downsides. Very happy with the software and test pipes.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
QuadCam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Did you have the "cold start" cat warmup feature turned off with your tune from Alex?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
nodemgr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP Coupe 6MT

Nice. Can you post a video for sound with the resonated pipes?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 12:12 PM   #4
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCam View Post
Did you have the "cold start" cat warmup feature turned off with your tune from Alex?
Yes, a very nice feature the car runs fantastic.
Appreciate 0