Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

07-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #1
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Gyeon

Anybody have experience with Gyeon ceramic coating products and ceramic maintenance products, either first hand or whatever? Particularly interested in Gyeon Flex, has anyone used that to coat their car?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #2
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Yes. I've used essentially every product they make. Have nothing but good things to say about them.

I use Gyeon for my Ceramic coat, My Glass coating, My maintenance spray, Tire shine, Gyeon Iron I use for cleaning the wheels, I use their claylube and claybar, water spot, Glass cleaner, use their shampoo as well, and their foam shampoo for foam cannons. Few more I'm forgetting, but the whole line up is good. Can't go wrong.

Oh yes and more specifically, I did the polishing, and ceramic coating. Applying the ceramic coat is time consuming but not difficult whatsoever.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5392.50
      07-23-2018, 03:28 PM   #3
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRE_Wheels View Post
[SIZE="3"]Yes. I've used essentially every product they make. Have nothing but good things to say about them.

I use Gyeon for my Ceramic coat, My Glass coating, My maintenance spray, Tire shine, Gyeon Iron I use for cleaning the wheels, I use their claylube and claybar, water spot, Glass cleaner, use their shampoo as well, and their foam shampoo for foam cannons. Few more I'm forgetting, but the whole line up is good. Can't go wrong.

Oh yes and more specifically, I did the polishing, and ceramic coating. Applying the ceramic coat is time consuming but not difficult whatsoever. [/SIZE]
Thanks very much for that information. I've already had the paint and glass done with Gyeon Flex based on recommendation from an installer I have good reason to trust. So far, the car looks great, actually better than expected since I had it done at 6000 miles. Very pleased honestly. My question had to do with continuing this product line for maintenance, looks like you've answered that. Thanks again, very reassuring.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #4
HRE_Wheels
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
Thanks very much for that information. I've already had the paint and glass done with Gyeon Flex based on recommendation from an installer I have good reason to trust. So far, the car looks great, actually better than expected since I had it done at 6000 miles. Very pleased honestly. My question had to do with continuing this product line for maintenance, looks like you've answered that. Thanks again, very reassuring.
Gyeon Cure is the maintenance spray for ceramic coatings.

Here's my process:
3 Bucket wash (traditional 2 bucket + 1 for wheels)
Gyeon Foam in the foam Cannon
Gyeon Bathe in one of the buckets
Other Bucket is pure water
Wheel bucket is pure water

- Rinse wheels off first, give them a good spray to get any loose dirt off
- Spray Gyeon Iron on wheels and let it sit for a couple minutes (Do not let this dry on the wheel, and do not spray any wheel cleaners when the wheel is still hot - Potential for etching on the wheel)
- Give it a good agitation with your wheel brush and get all the tight areas that could collect dirt.
- Rinse wheels off.

- Give the car a good rinse (90% of the dirt on the car I can remove in this process just from a good pressure washer)
- Foam up with the foam cannon
- Two Microfiber mittens used to wash it up, dumping them into the buckets after every 20-30 seconds of washing to prevent marring/scratches.
- Rinse off, but while rinsing off I use Gyeon Wet Coat for some extra maintenance.
- For Drying I use a leaf blower (use one with a filter on it so no particles get thrown onto the car in this process).
- Once Dry, 1 out of every 4 washes, I'll go over the entire car lightly with Gyeon Cure to give it that extra kick for maintenance.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille5392.50
      07-23-2018, 04:43 PM   #5
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
^^^^^ This post is now saved to notes on my iPhone.
Appreciate 1
HRE_Wheels2118.00