Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 Competition

Garage List
2008 X5 3.0si  [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
Noelle Performance

Anyone have any experience with Noelle Performance? Former Head Alpina B10 Engineer created this company coming to US from Germany. Warrantied to match BMW warranty and if BMW says it was something they did, they take care of it. Standard F10 M5 numbers:

560 Stock HP
750 Tuned HP
664 Tuned Torque

for $3k? I'm curious to see what they look like for the Competition package.

https://www.noelleperformance.com/

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...2cG8zV1I2hsRQw

http://www.noellemotorsusa.com/

Last edited by RoundelNut; 12-22-2019 at 04:08 PM.. Reason: Added URL link
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 06:56 PM   #2
M5 Jed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M5

I read that post on the big numbers they're getting for the F90. For the F10 it's equally impressive. I'm wondering what kind of numbers with supporting bolt ons will get.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 08:01 PM   #3
RoundelNut
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 X5 3.0si  [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
I suspect they won't stand behind much with bolt-ons, depending on what I suppose. They specifically call out that they do NOT remove any of the safety mechanisms in place by BMW which is what allows them to maintain their warranty support claim. I hope to hear back from them soon and find out some more information.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #4
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

I am considering getting this tune as well. Will like to hear what you collect or get to know.

Here is what I have gathered:

1. Tune is compatible with stock parts, no mods needed to achieve the posted numbers (no dyno charts are available to support these gains).
2. Tune is warrantied - secondary provided by Noelle. BMW being the primary provider for the non-tune related components.
3. Noelle has a reputable history in EU - not a new company or shop.
4. Cost of living to increase with the car - oil change (rec: 10w60) every 5K miles. New Spark plugs and other fuels intervals are also shrunk. Assumption here you will be driving this car hard.
5. Expensive and potentially replaces the entire software of the electronic components - engine, transmission, etc. You will have to get the car to one of their approved shops to flash it back to stock if you desire.
      12-31-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
RoundelNut
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 X5 3.0si  [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
I am considering getting this tune as well. Will like to hear what you collect or get to know.

Here is what I have gathered:

1. Tune is compatible with stock parts, no mods needed to achieve the posted numbers (no dyno charts are available to support these gains).
2. Tune is warrantied - secondary provided by Noelle. BMW being the primary provider for the non-tune related components.
3. Noelle has a reputable history in EU - not a new company or shop.
4. Cost of living to increase with the car - oil change (rec: 10w60) every 5K miles. New Spark plugs and other fuels intervals are also shrunk. Assumption here you will be driving this car hard.
5. Expensive and potentially replaces the entire software of the electronic components - engine, transmission, etc. You will have to get the car to one of their approved shops to flash it back to stock if you desire.
Seems like most of that is reasonable. Except number 5. I believe you have to take it to them to have it installed in the first place. Additionally, bang for the buck, it's actually pretty inexpensive considering an exhaust will cost you as much and you only get a small fraction of the upgraded power numbers.
Appreciate 1
DCT OFF61.50
      01-02-2020, 09:05 AM   #6
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

I look at it differently, its expensive given it voids your BMW warranty. An exhaust will not unless you go DPs.Insee your point on the HP gains, however, those numbers are yet to be proven.

Yes, you have to take it to the shop as the ECU rewrite is done by Noelle based in Germany. These shops are mere satelite shops who do 3-4 pre-checks to get the car ready for Germany.

Only if they wouldn't have started to salt the roads in my town I would have taken the plunge sooner. Sadly the car is garaged for the winter.

Note that there is a longer thread in the F90 section. None of them have the tune and it's good to hear their outside perspective. Believe it centers around someone who got it for his M2C.

If you do decide to pull the trigger please keep us posted.
      01-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #7
RoundelNut
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 X5 3.0si  [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pTron View Post
I look at it differently, its expensive given it voids your BMW warranty.
It doesn't void your warranty....that's the attractive part about it. I probably won't do it as it's plenty of power for me as is now.
Appreciate 0