Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-14-2020, 06:33 PM   #1
BMW Irishman
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3

Recommendations

Good evening all; I recently purchased a lease returned 2017 M3 with comp package after selling my restored 1974 FJ40 land cruiser and have a little money to spend; I thought I would get a few opinions on which route to go. A full PPI was performed at a shop in ATL area, and once it came back with a green light I had this shop install the M performance exhaust, full service with new plugs, two new rear tires, and install the Noelle Performance tune. Let me say I LOVE the car and have no desire to improve on HP. When I got the car home, GETBMWPARTS got acquainted and I installed the CF front splitters and black front lip, the performance steering wheel, Alcantara/carbon arm rest and e brake, and finally carbon front/rear/wheel emblems. Now that all that's out of the way, this is not my daily and will be driven on weekends and whenever possible. I am debating on CF rear diffuser, mirror caps, and side skirts, or going with CSF charge air cooler and some brand of charge pipes. The only reason I'm considering the latter is due to the fact I deal with this miserable Alabama heat/humidity and thought it would simply be better for the car.

Anyway, I guess I'm asking what direction I should toss a couple thousand

First M car and certainly enjoy the spirited discussions that show up here.

Thanks

Kenny
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 06:48 PM   #2
CT_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition

My 2 cents (but I'm not tuned.)

As you are tuned, you should get the charge pipes to replace the stock ones. Do you know what stage of tune you are running?

The CSF charge cooler is something to do down the road, once you sense the stock one failing. I'm assuming you're talking about the top mounted charge cooler. For performance purposes, you're better off doing the CSF heat exchanger. I think the gain is still minimal though as these cars are really really good stock cooling, unless you're running a serious tune, I don't see heat soak as an issue.

Congrats on the new car and enjoy it in good health!
Appreciate 0