BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

07-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #1
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

2009 E90 M3 DCT Jerez/Fox Red 130k Evolve S/C Stoptech

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
It is finally time to move up to a larger car so I am going to sell my trusty M3. It is a 2009 DCT in Jerez Black/Fox Red with a little over 132,000 miles. If you are looking for a perfect car that is 12 years old with 132k miles then just skip this post but if you are looking for a good, well-maintained car that is fun to drive then keep reading.

From the Window Sticker:
-Jerez Black Metallic
-Fox Red Extended Novillo Leather
- Cold Weather Package (heated seats)
- Premium Package (Power folding mirrors, garage door opener, Carbon Leather trim)
- Technology Package (M Drive, Comfort Access, NAV)
- M DCT
- Moonroof
- Rear window shades
- Park Distance Control (rear)
- iPOD and USB adapter
- Enhanced Premium Sound

Mods:
- Evolve E600 supercharger kit with large air-to-air intercooler and Rotrex blower
- Stoptech 4 piston front brakes with slotted rotors
- AFE Mach Force XP mid-pipe with high-flow cats
- UUC/Corsa rear section (it sounds GREAT!)
- Backup camera from ModMyNav
- LUX angel eyes but I forgot which version
- Turner Motorsport front undertray with scrapes on it
- P3 gauge

Maintenance:
- Bearings replaced with BE bearings and ARP bolts at 65K
- Both throttle actuators replaced - one last year and the other a few years before that
- New battery last month
- Peeling valve covers replaced last year with powder coated ones with all new seals, gaskets, spark plugs plus all new coil packs
- Replaced belts, water pump & thermostat last year
- Replaced supercharger oil & filter last year
- Replaced driveshaft with used one in perfect condition due to center support bearing issue (last weekend)
- Replaced guibo last November
- All 4 wheel bearings have been replaced
- The airbag recall was done
- The windshield was replaced in February due to a crack

Different parts of the car have been repainted over its 12 years and most of it looks very good except for the front bumper which could use a respray. About 8 years ago I was hit from behind and the rear bumper was replaced and my garage scraped it last year and they repainted it. The wheels have curb rash from over the years but I also have some extra ones that may be fixable.

The interior is in good shape for a car with 130,000 miles.

The issues:
- The steering rack is leaking and I have a rebuilt one that I plan to install soon.
- The DCT pan may be leaking and I have a new BMW one but have not installed it yet. I did replace the almost impossible to get to seal on the top of the DCT last year.
- The nav screen has a mind of its own and sometimes comes on and sometimes does not but that is likely a loose wire in the ModMyNav system.
- There is an annoying "Electrical System Failure" error that pops up way too often. I have not tried fixing it yet but I will likely try to find the loose wire this weekend. The car runs fine after the error but the redline moves down to 7,500 RPM until you restart it. This error is very annoying and I really have to trace it. I am almost positive it started after I brought it to the dealer for the blower motor recall so I will check there first.
- The mileage is terrible. The highest I ever see on the highway is about 17 and mixed highway/city is about 11.

Here are the pictures from 07/10/21 after I washed it.

Attached Images

Last edited by WayneM3; 07-11-2021 at 09:34 AM.. Reason: Added Pictures
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 05:41 PM   #2
JesseInSb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 M3

Will you be willing to part with the Evolve S/C? I’ve been desperate for one and they are now discontinued
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2021, 06:15 PM   #3
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseInSb View Post
Will you be willing to part with the Evolve S/C? I’ve been desperate for one and they are now discontinued
While I have all of the stock parts from the install, it would be a very big job to remove it so, as of now, I have no desire to remove it and sell it alone. This install is way more difficult than the Vortech based or Harrop kits because the air-to-air intercooler is very large.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #4
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep

I added a bunch of pictures from yesterday - it looks pretty good for 132,000 miles!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #5
Siajoon
///Majestic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 ///M3

Dang the condition of those fox red seats might make me re think chasing a set down for my e90.. seem to be aging pretty bad
Appreciate 0