BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
nyknicks11
Rep
Drives:

Ordering process question

This would be my first experience purchasing a vehicle that is not in front of my eyes (ordering the vehicle)...I will be trading in or selling my current vehicle and financing the rest

My question is what am I obligated to provide financially before receiving the car after the waiting period??

After I order the car I assume that there is a deposit but am I obligated to make the car's first month payment before taking possession of the vehicle?? Or do I not have any financial obligations besides the deposit before receiving the car??...

The reason I ask this is because I understand that there is a 6-8 week (reside in NJ) waiting period for the vehicle and I have been attempting to sell my vehicle...however...if I sell my vehicle I will be without a car for 6-8 weeks and that is not acceptable...if I simply need to put a deposit down and MAYBE the first month's payment then I will go through with it ASAP

It would be very helpful if someone who has financed this vehicle can enlighten me with the exact process and payments required before taking ownership of the vehicle

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Bizall
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0

You are required to put a deposit down which they say is non-refundable, but if push came to shove, you could get it back. You would not make any payments, unless you wanted to, until after your car arrives. The date the 1st payment is due is up to your financial institution of your chosing and you. Good luck and let me/us know if you have any other questions.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
nyknicks11
Rep
Drives:

Thanks a lot...that takes a little bit of worries off my mind :w00t:
Appreciate 0