BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2008, 06:43 PM   #1
JUG
Registered
Rep
Drives:

ED Question

Hello guys!
First of all I'd like to say you have a great forum here, been studying it for quite a while now and decided to order myself a 135i too.
My question for you is about ED...more speciffic about my intention of ordering the car this way but planning of using(therefore registering) the car in my home country, Romania. Is it possible to order a car from the USA, take reception of it via ED and not returning it to the USA, instead taking it to another country?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

I don't believe this is possible. Due to tax and registration issues. Seems to me that people who want to to Euro Delivery that live in the EU have to pay more to do it. I could be wrong though, this is just what I recall.

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
the documents they hand you say that if the vehicle is not returned to the US you / your dealer will get charged 20% VAT. now the price is attractive to US customers to people in the EU before the VAT but 20% VAT would probably make it less attractive (i thought about that because i have friends in france that asked me if i could sell them my car after I ED'ed it).
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Page two, last paragraph of the purchase order states: (...) The customer agrees to release the vehicle for shipment to the US with the exception of Guam, no later than SIX (6) months from the date of delivery. The customer understands that the vehicle will be built to US specifications and is intended for end use in the US. If customer fails to release the vehicle for shipment to the US, customer agrees to pay all applicable taxes and penalties, including the 19% VAT (value added tax). This tax will be charged to the selling center who whill retrieve payment from the customer (...).
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
JUG
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Thanks guys.I'll order the old fashion way and ship it to my country afterwards.
Appreciate 0