BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-04-2009, 09:26 AM   #1
The Cthulhu
Banned
Rep
Drives: N/A

Detailing Service

Last edited by The Cthulhu; 08-17-2009 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
The Cthulhu
Banned
Rep

For pictures, see regional thread:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=1#post5696095
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Ok gotta ask.....what's the meaning behind your user name?

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #4
The Cthulhu
Banned
Rep

H.P. Lovecraft - Call of the Cthulhu
Gothic horror short story

Lovecraft was the inspiration for a lot of modern horror writers like Stephen King, and I love his style of writing. Most of his stories boil down to fear of the unknown, but they're pretty deep and creative. The way he writes is pretty unique and one can usually identify it within a sentence or two.

The Cthulhu is an eldritch horror that lies eternally sleeping at the bottom of the sea in the sunken city of R'lyeh. A bunch of unrelated, illiterate tribes around the world, with idols of the Cthulhu, phophesise its awakening. The protagonist, who learned of the Cthulhu after discovering the research of his insane, late uncle (or something like that), does a bunch of research, travels out to sea with a small crew, and watches the awakening of Cthulhu as the sunken island city of R'lyeh raises from the water. It's effing huge, and makes people go batshit insane.

The story is made up of 3 different accounts from different narrators found in the protagonists late uncle's papers, and it he puts them together to form the complete story. The first line of the story is pretty awesome:

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity; and it was not meant that we should voyage far."

Now, who wants a detailing?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 08:35 AM   #5
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Wow, very cool. I love Stephen King stuff too.

So back on topic: Free thread bump!

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0