BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #1
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Anyone use Griot's Spray-on Car Wash?

Just wondering if anyone here had tried Griot's Spray-on Car Wash? Saw the ad for it, a little skeptical (worried about scratches,) but wanted to see if anyone had a review.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/...C+35+ounces.do

Quote:
Waterless Spray-On Car Wash
Safely Clean Your Car Without Water Or A Bucket!
There are some communities that have prohibited the use of the typical "water hose and bucket" method to wash your car due to drought and water restrictions. There are also communities that don't want the run-off going into the storm drains. How about when it's freezing outside but you really want to wash your vehicle? Now what? Instead of whining about it, I developed a process that will leave your car spotless, even if you have a heavy road film on your vehicle! Simply squirt on Spray-On Car Wash and gently wipe off to a deep shine. Spray-On Car Wash clings to the side panels of your vehicle and breaks up the road grime quickly. It also has great lubricity, wicks off fast, and buffs out to a fantastic shine. What can I say? It works so well, and is so gentle to the environment, it's even green! I strongly recommend using it with our specially developed Spray-On Car Wash Towels. These towels are incredibly soft and keep potentially harmful grit away from the paint surface. Refill Kit includes 35 ounce and gallon of Spray-On Car Wash and our Finest Sprayer.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 08:40 AM   #2
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I'm not a fan of not being able to wash away grit w/the flow of water. If it is a darker color, you'll know what I mean in no time. I would rather use a wet mit, and rinse it in a bucket of water between washes, before I would go that route. However... I would not even do that.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2009, 09:44 AM   #3
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
+1

I wouldn't use a waterless wash unless absolutely necessary. And even then I wouldn't use it lol.

I just don't see any way to avoid swirling the paint with these methods.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0