BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-02-2009, 12:34 AM   #1
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

harsh climate help

I need to get some good ideas on a package of cleaner and protectant or wax to help me clean my car this winter.
First off I have a BSM 1 and last winter in Germany the autobahn and regular driving was harsh on my car. Lots of salt and debris is always kicked up onto my car since the roads are always wet. Sometimes after a long drive my car is completely caked in a layer of salt.

This winter I want to be prepared and give my car a good cleaning, claying, maybe polish it then have a good wax and sealant.

Any good recommendations on a package of goodies or products i can get?

I plan on getting some big microfiber towels so far but have no clue on what people recommend when it comes to cleaning products and wax, especially for a black car in harsh climates.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
romak47
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a bat out of hell

I want to remove the old wax from my car . I hear dawn is good but would i need it still if i used a swirl remover anyways? I plan on claying my car as well but not sure if id need to do that if i used a swirl remover?

I plan on getting Zaino PC and removing some swirls from my BSM then using the z-5 stuff.

Im such a newby at this.
Appreciate 0