ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   ZPOST > Marketplace > Classifieds : For Sale / Wanted / Group Buys
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

05-04-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
santov
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si White over Beige

FS: 2002 Honda VFR800 <4200miles!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Well my wife has a bun in the oven so the toys must go. Mostly so we have the room to park my wife's car in the garage, but also since I'll go from riding this bike not very often, to not at all. I bought this bike new in 2003 and rarely drove it. I had a 1997 VFR800 that I commuted on for 5 years and when the time came I knew I wanted another VFR.

This bike is perfect! It's always been stored in my garage. Never tracked or raced. Riden in the rain on a couple of occasions. Actual milage is 4107, but that will go up a little the next couple of days

I changed the oil at 800 miles, at 1500, 2500, and at 3500 miles (last one was about a year ago). I only used Mobil1 full synthetic 10-40 motorcycle oil. I changed the clutch and brake fluid every year with Honda DOT fluid. It's on it's second set of tires, the current front has about 2000 miles left and the rear has about another 1000 miles. I had the wheels powder coated grey since I hated the stock black wheels. Ironically the next year Honda made the wheel color grey.

It was lowsided in 2004 when a truck cut me off. It was in the middle of an intersection coming from a red light, so I was going about 20mph. All the damage was repaired through the insurance company by Pete at GP Sports in San Jose. They replaced all the plastics with new OEM parts. The bike is now in perfect cosmetic condition.

I have title in hand and will include a few bottles of Honda coolant and Honda DOT brake/clutch fluid. I also have a Tourmaster tank and tail bag and Krypton lock that I'll sell as a set for $150.

Price is $4800 firm, cash only. PM for more details.

Here's a link to the pics:
http://s1031.photobucket.com/albums/...2002%20VFR800/

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2011, 12:52 PM   #2
tekmoe
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M

Wow, only 4k miles? I put that much on my bike in a matter of months.

GLWS
Appreciate 0