BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

05-27-2011, 06:43 PM   #1
takeo808
Rep
Drives: soon to be m3

Thumbs down E92 Lighting rant

Just a quick rant regarding E92 Lighting...I've purchased from them once before without a problem. Price was good and shipping was decent.

My intention was to order Volk center caps, but seeing a few other items that I could use, I figured I'd add more items to the order. Paid and waited for it to be delivered. And waited, and waited...

I spoke to them (online chat) 2 weeks after the payment and was told that the caps just arrived from Japan and the order was shipped, and that I should receive it within 2 days. This was the first time that I learned that the caps were not in stock (not big deal I guess).

I spoke to them again (online chat) 2 days later to verify that it shipped and was told that it was shipped and I should receive it in 2-3 days (hmm..aren't I a dummy!).

I finally emailed them 1 week later stating that I did not receive the items and was going to Paypal for resolution. I received a response saying that I would receive the order in 2 days (2 days again? haha).

Yup, 2 days after the 3rd promised day, I finally call them (tried to call on previous occasions but no one answered) and someone answers. I explain the situation and the guy explains that the order was returned to their warehouse. Really?

This is a statement under "About Us" on their website: "...E92-Lighting.com prides itself on delivering high-quality products, great prices and amazing customer service we would like to be your one stop source for all of your automotive lighting needs!"

I guess this statement only pertains to lights...lol.

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Why do people still purchase from this company?? There are so many people posting threads about how bad their service is. Im suprised that they are still a Vendor on here.
I would go ahead and get your money back through PayPal.
Good luck and let us know how things work out.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 11:19 AM   #3
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

No idea why anyone would buy from them after reading all the bad feedback in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
takeo808
Rep
Drives: soon to be m3

The last guy I spoke to was to look into why the order was returned to their warehouse and get back to me. I did not receive a response so I filed a claim with Paypal, and they refunded the money within an hour.

A few minutes later, I receive an email and a PM asking me to edit this thread. Until I receive a valid reason to edit this thread, this thread will stay as is, so that it will come up when searched.

As a vendor on this forum, I believe that they should be held to a higher standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2011, 08:04 PM   #5
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
No idea why anyone would buy from them after reading all the bad feedback in this forum.
The issue is that a lot people do NOT research vendors before buying or simply want to save a few bucks and will always go with the low cost provider. For me, I will always go with a quality vendor like IND or Turner. If I pay a couple of extra bucks, it is well worth the great service or piece of mind.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 01:31 AM   #6
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
The issue is that a lot people do NOT research vendors before buying or simply want to save a few bucks and will always go with the low cost provider. For me, I will always go with a quality vendor like IND or Turner. If I pay a couple of extra bucks, it is well worth the great service or piece of mind.
This is true... and I was a victim of this.... I ordered a set of 360 Forged wheels back when they were going through there change over. As you can see I got my wheels 5 weeks late but that was because I was lucky enough that Alain from forged distributing bought the company and made good on the back orders.
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #7
Maseroche
Major
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: '12 BMW M3

Garage List
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you but my experience has been a bit different. I ordered three different times, 2009, 2010 and recently. The first order took way too long and quickly found out that his problem was communication! The second order and this recent order took a "normal" amount of time and it came well-packaged.

I'm not affiliated with vendor but thought that I would relay my own experience out of fairness.
'14 Mercedes-Benz S400
'18 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
Appreciate 0