BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-02-2011, 07:18 AM   #1
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Adam's Waterless Car Wash

Hi All,

For the past year I have been using Adam's waterless car wash to touch up painted surface, glass, etc. but have never tried it on brake dust and grime on alloy wheels.

After speaking with rep from Adam's I was told that it works great on wheels so I decided to give it a try.

My wheels were filthy with grime and brake dust from all of the rainy weather we have had the past few weeks. I sprayed the Adam's product on one wheel, waited a few seconds and was amazed when all of the filth just came right off. I first used a good quality paper towel to remove bulk of dirt and finished up with clean microfiber. All I can say is WOW!

This product worked better than any wheel cleaner I have ever tried and I did not have to hook up hose and go through the usual tedious process of cleaning wheels. Adam's even left a nice clean shine on wheels.

This is truly a great product and I have no affiliation with Adam's at all.

Gonna order more of this stuff. Easy, quick, no damage to car paint , glass or wheels, no harsh chemicals and relatively inexpensive. Took me about ten minutes to do all 4 wheels and they look great.

Ed
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM

I've used Adams waterless- good product. But I think optimum no rinse wash is better.
Surprising about its wheel cleaning performance. Keeping wheels clean can be a PITA, but I've found armor alls wheel protectant applied after a clean will make it a breeze to clean the next time around-- everyone here kept saying how good it is, so I went for it and completely agree that it is a wonderful product.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 04:44 AM   #3
eogintz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi coupe

Thanks MP Fit.

I have Optimum ONR as well and it did almost nothing on wheels. Adam's worked with great ease and took everything right off the wheels without any kind of scrubbing, agitation, etc.. And... no mixing with water etc... Adam's is just spray on and wipe right off. Great product and I too was very surprised how well it worked on filthy wheels with just one spray on each wheel.

Ed
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #4
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I'm a regular ONR user and it works great on wheels. It's not a waterless wash, if you want that from Optimum, try Opti-Clean. It's pricey for a wash product, but works great under the hood or for light clean up. I haven't tried it on wheels as I've never really felt the need for a full waterless wash, but might give it a shot on my currently filthy wheels just to see what happens.
Appreciate 0