M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

12-25-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
Don Naddaf
Qatar
Rep
Drives: MCB F10 M5

Does anyone reccommend the rear seat screens?

hi all,
just wanted to have some feedback on the rear entertainment system on the f10. is it worth it?

regards.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:33 AM   #2
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

I don't think it's worth at all honestly, BUT I still ordered high-res monitors on my car. It's practically useless and too expensive for such a rarely used feature, but adds to the luxury.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 08:55 AM   #3
Don Naddaf
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I don't think it's worth at all honestly, BUT I still ordered high-res monitors on my car. It's practically useless and too expensive for such a rarely used feature, but adds to the luxury.
hi,
thx for the reply, i really get what you mean of it being practically useless.
So are the rear screens touch screens? and are they perfectly mounted on the on the head rest our do they make squekky noises when the car is moving.

Regards.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #4
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCantona View Post
hi,
thx for the reply, i really get what you mean of it being practically useless.
So are the rear screens touch screens? and are they perfectly mounted on the on the head rest our do they make squekky noises when the car is moving.

Regards.
My car isn't delivered yet, but I assure you they wouldn't make squeaky noises. I get crazy on such noises, my 5 year old M6 doesn't have a single noise and I'm sure a new M5 will not either.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #5
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

I ordered my M5 with rear seat entertainment. These rear seat screens are similar to those of 7-Series. That is, it is flushed mounted to the backrest of the front seats. As such, there will be no squeaking noises or any concerns even remotely close to that.

I think it is a good option to have when you travel more than 1 hour regularly (once every other week). You can play DVD to entertain the rear seat passengers, make them aware of the music being played and give them a view of the navigation map, etc.

Personally, I thought it was a good option to have especially as I plan to drive the car on road trips which will keep the passengers happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
Don Naddaf
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
My car isn't delivered yet, but I assure you they wouldn't make squeaky noises. I get crazy on such noises, my 5 year old M6 doesn't have a single noise and I'm sure a new M5 will not either.
Thanks for the insight. so when will you get your hands on the beast? mine will probably be delivered mid february.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 10:23 AM   #7
Don Naddaf
Qatar
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
I ordered my M5 with rear seat entertainment. These rear seat screens are similar to those of 7-Series. That is, it is flushed mounted to the backrest of the front seats. As such, there will be no squeaking noises or any concerns even remotely close to that.

I think it is a good option to have when you travel more than 1 hour regularly (once every other week). You can play DVD to entertain the rear seat passengers, make them aware of the music being played and give them a view of the navigation map, etc.

Personally, I thought it was a good option to have especially as I plan to drive the car on road trips which will keep the passengers happy.
that sounds tempting my friend i really don't know whether to order them or not, do u remember the price of the entertainment option?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #8
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the insight. so when will you get your hands on the beast? mine will probably be delivered mid february.
Expecting a delivery on the first week of February

Quote:
that sounds tempting my friend i really don't know whether to order them or not, do u remember the price of the entertainment option?
My high-res rear monitor options cost about 3000 euros. Varies from country to country and dealerships since every dealership is a privately owned company with a BMW license.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #9
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

My rear-seat entertainment option came in standard with the car. Singapore M dealership spec the car to a certain way for the first few car allotments. Than again, the car is being sold at SG$499,000 a pop which equates to about USD400k.

I recall if removed the option it would save me approximately SG$13k
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
My rear-seat entertainment option came in standard with the car. Singapore M dealership spec the car to a certain way for the first few car allotments. Than again, the car is being sold at SG$499,000 a pop which equates to about USD400k.

Your rear-seat entertainment wasn't standard. It was your dealership's car that was fully optioned out BMW gave each dealership a quote for 1 car in 2011 (early delivery) and each dealership ordered their car the way they wanted. In your case it was a full one
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
mr_yogi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Success

Quote:

No matter how many times it comes up in convo, I can't get over how much these machines cost outside of the US (increasingly so as you head East and/or South of Europe).
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 12:11 AM   #12
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

Quote:
So, not worth it, practically useless and too expensive. And you still ordered them? Strange.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
gilbertb11
Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

I've got a couple of iPad 2s held on by rear-headrest ipad holders. Works great. Kid loves streaming Netflix
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 06:49 AM   #14
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phish_100 View Post
So, not worth it, practically useless and too expensive. And you still ordered them? Strange.
Yes. I ordered because I love the M5 and wanted mine to be as complete as possible, hence ticked all options.
Appreciate 0