BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #1
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Product recomendations?

I've been using Sonax's entire line:

Gloss Shampoo Concentrate
Wheel Cleaner Full Effect
Dashboard Cleaner Matte Finish
Leather Foam Cleaner & Conditioner
SONAX Tire Gloss Gel
SONAX High Speed Wax

but wanted to know if anyone could recommend any other products which were better?

The wheel cleaner is the best I've used hands down!

The leather foam didn't really seem to "condition" the leather all that much.

The tire gloss I ran into the same problem that I have with every other one that I've used where it takes forever to dry and if you don't allow it to fully dry it splatters all over the car while you're driving.

The high speed wax seemed to do the trick however it didn't really last long where it needed to be applied after every wash.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!
      01-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #2
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

If you're using something you like, keep using it!

1. Your leather doesn't need conditioning, so that doesn't matter.

2. Tire products depend on application. If you're wiping the product on with an old foam pad, you'll likely find you use less product, have less of a mess, have a more even finish, and greatly lower the risk of "sling" onto your car. Two thin coats are better than one thick one in both look (how even it is on) and chance of slinging.

3. Try going with a more durable sealant if you're not pleased with the durability of the product you're currently using. There are many popular choices like Blackfire, JetSeal109,and PowerLock.

Keep taking great care of your ride!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #3
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I have most of the Sonax products as well. I like the wheel cleaner, the carpet cleaner, the dashboard cleaner. The leather foamer is OK, but I have other preferences here. The tire dressing is the worst I've ever tried. Messy shit to say the least. The shampoo is very nice as well, I like it a lot.

The high speed wax is nice, but I wouldn't use it on my "outside" paint. Use it for door jambs etc.

What exactly are you looking for recommendation for? Other products that aren't Sonax to replace where Sonax falls short?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
mattryan
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et
I have most of the Sonax products as well. I like the wheel cleaner, the carpet cleaner, the dashboard cleaner. The leather foamer is OK, but I have other preferences here. The tire dressing is the worst I've ever tried. Messy shit to say the least. The shampoo is very nice as well, I like it a lot.

The high speed wax is nice, but I wouldn't use it on my "outside" paint. Use it for door jambs etc.

What exactly are you looking for recommendation for? Other products that aren't Sonax to replace where Sonax falls short?
Exactly... I'm looking for something to replace the leather foam cleaner & conditioner, tire gloss gel and high speed wax. I'm pretty happy with all the other products from Sonax.
      01-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #5
Boomstick1491
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Garage List
2010 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Random Product Plug:

I purchased the Poorboy's World Spray and Gloss as a quick detailer recently and have been absolutely thrilled with the results. Granted, I have only used it twice and both times were following an ONR wash and each time I have noted the gloss and depth of shine on my Montego Blue 1er. Many people on DI have mentioned the streaky finish if not buffed off with a plush microfiber towel, but I have had no issues, since I have used a DI Rethickulous towel and DI plush microfiber towel to remove the product. I definitely recommend it.
Appreciate 0