M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
steelers6
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997.2CS

Input from those who have driven M5

Hi to all, new forum member looking to benefit from the collective wisdom of those who have driven the new F10 M5 and have personal experience comparing it to recent iterations of the Panamera and E63. I have the Panamera and have recently owned both while waiting for the M5. (My other car is a 2009 911c2s and wife drives an S class). While the M5 is ordered, getting a test drive (which I intend to do of course) will be difficult for a long time.

I am primarily interested in comparisons of: steering, handling, ride, transmission performance in auto at low speeds and seat comfort. I am not worried about speed-it is all fantastic and beyond my skills to to fully exploit on the track. A difference at the margins won't bother me. My main concerns are the things that make the car FUN every time we use it.

I have driven the new BMW 550i several times and love the Multi function contour seats far better than panamera Where I am able to sit in Panamera can make it seem the car is driving me.

Sorry for the long post but maybe the background is helpful and others who cannot test drive soon may have the same questions. I am very appreciative of any input provided.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #2
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

The m5 has much more fun than e63/cls63. Trusting me you would not enjoy the driving experience on a e63/cls63, handing is poor, looks like a cheap car(expecially e class seaden) , dashboard is so hard to understand. If you want a car that fun to drive, i strongly suggest you get the m5. I havn't drive the panamara before, but one of my friend who acturally owned a panamara turbo said:"the panamara turbo feels soft compare with the new m5"
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

the mecerdes s class is a very nice car, but the e63 was not even as close as the new m5.
If you think bmw 550 is a good car, you should gut m5 for sure. 550 is just like a bottle of beer, and the m5, it is stronger than vodka
Appreciate 0