Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-27-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 E60, BMW 1M E82

M5 delivery delayed by dealer mistake! :-(

Hello everyone!
My M5 arrived to the dealership last Friday but I only went to see it today as I was out of the country for the weekend.

Unfortunately due to an error from the dealer's side my car didn't came as I asked. My car is Frozen Gray with silk grey leather (amazing combination and contrast IMO), I had almost every option ticked, except CD changer, Nightvision and rear monitors. The problem is that the car came with the full leather option but no leather on the upper dashboard and door panels! Weird, as I didn't even know it was possible to have full extended leather without leather in these areas.

I told them i wouldn't accept the car like that and they are currently working on a solution. I'm pretty sad as I thought I'd be driving it next week and now I really don't know what to expect.

The car is in their parking lot in a dark area, the car battery was disconnected and I had no battery on my phone, so I couldn't take any decent pictures.

I'll keep you updated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Sorry to hear about your issues. To my knowledge, there's only one leather option for Individual colors at the moment, and that's the one you got. The full leather which includes the full dashboard is available for the standard colors only.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thank you for the info, south!
What I had in my car from Individual was the exterior matte paint finish, the alcantara headliner, the piano black finish and the leather. I don't think it makes any sense that the individual leather is not available with the leather dashboard, as Individual is supposed to be the top of the range.
It breaks my heart to "reject" the car as it is, but I want it as i wished it to be. My previous BMW was an X5 35d, fully loaded, and I loved the leather on the dashboard, it really adds luxury to the car.
Regards!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Godinho View Post
Thank you for the info, south!
What I had in my car from Individual was the exterior matte paint finish, the alcantara headliner, the piano black finish and the leather. I don't think it makes any sense that the individual leather is not available with the leather dashboard, as Individual is supposed to be the top of the range.
It breaks my heart to "reject" the car as it is, but I want it as i wished it to be. My previous BMW was an X5 35d, fully loaded, and I loved the leather on the dashboard, it really adds luxury to the car.
Regards!
My dealer actually refunded us some money for removing the leather from the dash board. Apparently, it's not available for the M5 for some strange reason. I have seen it on the X5 and agree that it's nice, but i am ok without it. To me, the car is beyond just leather and trims.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Sorry to hear this. You must be heartbroken thinking about waiting for delivery again. How long would that take?
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
My dealer actually refunded us some money for removing the leather from the dash board. Apparently, it's not available for the M5 for some strange reason. I have seen it on the X5 and agree that it's nice, but i am ok without it. To me, the car is beyond just leather and trims.
Well, I am sure they will purpose me some kind of discount on the car over this mistake, but i am not willing to accept it. I Had it on my X5 and I want it on the M5 as well. It makes no sense to have an 8000 Euro option for leather that doesn't include leather on the dashboard. And it is available for the M5 as I've seen several photos of the M5 F10 with leather on the dashboard.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:25 PM   #7
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
Sorry to hear this. You must be heartbroken thinking about waiting for delivery again. How long would that take?
Well, I ordered this one in December and it took about two and a half months! I already told them I hope they will lend me a car for the extra period. If they don't I'm seriously considering changing to another dealership.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #8
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Interesting, didnt know the Individual full merino doesnt do the dash. Strange that on the std full they do.

How much more was the Ind over the std full merino?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #9
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Well, I am sure they will purpose me some kind of discount on the car over this mistake, but i am not willing to accept it. I Had it on my X5 and I want it on the M5 as well. It makes no sense to have an 8000 Euro option for leather that doesn't include leather on the dashboard. And it is available for the M5 as I've seen several photos of the M5 F10 with leather on the dashboard.
I have never seen any pic of the F10 M5 with leather on the dash board. Can share if u don't mind?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 01:24 AM   #10
Mussafry
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Alpine White (On order)

It makes sense when you actually look at the prices -

Full standard leather costs much more than the individual leather.

bmw.co.uk --> Full leather standard +5,445GBP over standard, Individual is just 1,855 GBP.

I think the mistake was that the dealer gave the wrong information by saying that the dashboard is in leather when chosing the individual interior.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #11
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

You can see the black leather and the stitching on top of the dash in this photo ....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #12
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussafry View Post

bmw.co.uk --> Full leather standard +5,445GBP over standard, Individual is just 1,855 GBP.

I think the mistake was that the dealer gave the wrong information by saying that the dashboard is in leather when chosing the individual interior.
Agreed this is a dealer thing, I have always questioned why individual does not include full leather. Crappy situation!
      02-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
BallsoutE39
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

I love BMW's full leather! Glad to hear you're fighting it, despite the delay in time. I don't get how someone would choose NOT to have it.

Even back in the E39 days it was quite impressive..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 09:39 AM   #14
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Ahh the E39. Still a fantastic car!

Sorry to hear about your issues. Hopefully you can get the issue sorted soon!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 10:20 AM   #15
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

To get the leather dash you need to special order Option "4M5"

Its not generally shown in any configurator for the M5 with Individual Leather, only with regular full leather.

I believe the dealer has to specially ask for the option
The Individual part number for this combination leather dash does exist
      02-28-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
audiobahn
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

I would suggest you would pick up the car, i think that the alcantara headliner and the back of the seat being in leather is more important than the dashboard. I would take given I am compensated by the dealer due to their mistake, it looks beautiful, it dont think u would want to wait.
another option is to take it and have them order a new dash and upper door trims to swap later.

under no circumstance let this car go away from you, a million other people would want to buy it with a premium I dont think they will care if you go to another dealership, they will have a hard time getting another order slot to order you a new one.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 11:52 AM   #17
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobahn
I would suggest you would pick up the car, i think that the alcantara headliner and the back of the seat being in leather is more important than the dashboard. I would take given I am compensated by the dealer due to their mistake, it looks beautiful, it dont think u would want to wait.
another option is to take it and have them order a new dash and upper door trims to swap later.

under no circumstance let this car go away from you, a million other people would want to buy it with a premium I dont think they will care if you go to another dealership, they will have a hard time getting another order slot to order you a new one.
I dunno. I feel like at the prices of the m5 the owner should get the car exactly to his ideal. Waiting 2 more months for a reordered car is probably better than living with a non ideal configuration for years.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2012, 11:55 PM   #18
Fester
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Porsche 911 (991) 4S

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd also not accept this if I were in your shoes...they should find another car (although it'd be difficult) with leather dash but you may have to sacrifice other option that you may not need or may not be there. Good luck.
      02-29-2012, 04:44 AM   #19
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Interesting, didnt know the Individual full merino doesnt do the dash. Strange that on the std full they do.

How much more was the Ind over the std full merino?
Like I said, it makes no sense. I think that even the guys at my dealership were a little bit confused and didn't know what to order. I ordered the car with the ZAP7 Individual leather, and it came like this.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #20
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussafry View Post

Exactly. I specifically asked the dealer to confirm if that option included the leather dashboard and door panels. Which they confirmed, but they were wrong. At this point they don't even know if it is possible to have the leather dashboard with Individual leather.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #21
DGod
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsoutE39 View Post
I love BMW's full leather! Glad to hear you're fighting it, despite the delay in time. I don't get how someone would choose NOT to have it.

Even back in the E39 days it was quite impressive..
Me neither, I really think it should come as standard in a car like this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Fleet View Post
To get the leather dash you need to special order Option "4M5"

Its not generally shown in any configurator for the M5 with Individual Leather, only with regular full leather.

I believe the dealer has to specially ask for the option
The Individual part number for this combination leather dash does exist
Well, if you are right, which I believe you are, then you know more than the people at my dealership. I will tell them about this code and check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiobahn View Post

Actually I had a meeting yesterday with the dealership manager in order to see if I would take the car like this. I told him I wouldn't take it over any discount (unless it was really significant). They proposed ordering a new dash and door panels and suaping them, but I don't want my car's interior to be disassembled and re-assembled even before I took delivery of it. It's one thing to have it done in the factory during the construction process, it's another thing to do it at a dealership, no matter what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09BlkSapphire View Post
I dunno. I feel like at the prices of the m5 the owner should get the car exactly to his ideal. Waiting 2 more months for a reordered car is probably better than living with a non ideal configuration for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post
I'm sorry to hear that. I'd also not accept this if I were in your shoes...they should find another car (although it'd be difficult) with leather dash but you may have to sacrifice other option that you may not need or may not be there. Good luck.
I agree. That's how I want the car to be, I'm not willing to change. Bottom line I told them there are only 2 possible solutions, and from what I know one of them is not even possible:
1. The car goes back to the factory and has everything changed there. They would have to make proof of everything being done in factory. I am aware this is not possible by any means.
2. They order a new car.

In case they order a new car, they guaranteed the waiting time would be shorter than the 2 and a half months I waited for this one, and they would give me a replacement car until the arrival of a new one. They asked me for 2 or 3 days until they present me a final solution.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #22
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Well, if you are right, which I believe you are, then you know more than the people at my dealership. I will tell them about this code and check it out.

Thats nothing new.