BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-20-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
KMIII
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M-DCT E92 M3

Fabspeed x-pipe with HFC and res

What kind of power gains have you guys seen with a fabspeed HFC x-pipe with resonators? I am in the market for an x-pipe, but was initially looking into Challenge and Gintani only. I currently have a Gintani Race catback, so any suggestions on that paired with Fabspeed? How does it compare to Challenge and Gintani?
2008 BMW M3 e92 Space Grey/Silver Novillo // 20% tint // Hardwired V1 // Painted side reflectors // Matte black kidney grills // Matte black side gills // BMW Performance steering wheel // Match Schnell air filter // RPi Scoops // Gintani Race exhaust //

2010 Lamborghini LP560-4 Spyder
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

I don't know they compare to the other two but I am not very happy with my Fabspeed HFC and resonated X-pipe. The quality is sub-par and the fitment is bad. Everything lines up fine but the design is poor.

They use 4" round HJS cats (great cats) but since they are in the stock location, they will rub on the heat shields, even if you bang the heat shields in. Even with the cats as high up as possible, they still hang low under the car (you lose maybe an inch of clearance).

Mine was initially rubbing on the transmission crossmember and there was NO way to adjust that. The way that they designed it, it's a couple millimeters away on each side. Any differences in the car or the exhaust is gonna make it rub. To solve this issue I banged some dents in it at this location. That solved the issue and hasn't had any adverse effects but it's less than ideal for obvious reasons.

All of the HFC x-pipes will be within a few HP of each other as far as gains. IMO, sound, quality, fitment, and customer service are most important. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't get the Fabspeed set-up.
      04-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
I don't know they compare to the other two but I am not very happy with my Fabspeed HFC and resonated X-pipe. The quality is sub-par and the fitment is bad. Everything lines up fine but the design is poor.

They use 4" round HJS cats (great cats) but since they are in the stock location, they will rub on the heat shields, even if you bang the heat shields in. Even with the cats as high up as possible, they still hang low under the car (you lose maybe an inch of clearance).

Mine was initially rubbing on the transmission crossmember and there was NO way to adjust that. The way that they designed it, it's a couple millimeters away on each side. Any differences in the car or the exhaust is gonna make it rub. To solve this issue I banged some dents in it at this location. That solved the issue and hasn't had any adverse effects but it's less than ideal for obvious reasons.

All of the HFC x-pipes will be within a few HP of each other as far as gains. IMO, sound, quality, fitment, and customer service are most important. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't get the Fabspeed set-up.
agree completely on fitment and rubbing issues. i sold mine because of it

i went to turner test pipes which is a much cheaper and less complex product. the fitment on the ttp is perfect. also, the ttp made as much or more power than the fabspeed setup on my car.
      04-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
agree completely on fitment and rubbing issues. i sold mine because of it

i went to turner test pipes which is a much cheaper and less complex product. the fitment on the ttp is perfect. also, the ttp made as much or more power than the fabspeed setup on my car.
Agreed. The OEM x-pipe flows just fine. Cheaply removing the primary cats is by far the best option.
      04-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #5
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Wow - I love my Fabspeed resonated x-pipe with HFC! I had the UUC Corsa axle-back for a couple of years before I added the x-pipe, and the car feels noticeably faster and frickin screams. I have the O2 extenders and I've never had a CEL and have no problem passing inspection - my main reason for not removing the primary cats. Also, I can reinstall my OEM exhaust and sell the x-pipe when I want to sell the car (never). I have no problem with the quality and fitament, but I did have to pound out the heat shield. The driver's side cat hangs down a bit, but I've had no issue with it. This is by far my favorite mod.

I've heard the Gintani race is loud. If you add the Fabspeed, your car will be very loud - even with the resonated x-pipe.

I wonder what the exhaust slut would say?
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

You should pair it with the Dinan x pipe, it will sound deep, clean and amazing!
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2012, 05:22 AM   #7
akh23456
All I do is Win... Eat Race Sleep
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Range 2011 M3 2019 600lt

Garage List
when i had fabspeed hfc and xpipe paired with stock rear and filter my car put down 355 hp and 272 tq on a mustang dyno. i don't have a delta because never dynoed my car stock.

Rs7 : 10.4 133.50 with a 1.7 60ft Toyo R888
F10 M5: 11.308 131.96 with a 1.9 60ft Street Tires
E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires

Last edited by akh23456; 04-24-2012 at 05:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
I like my fabspeed hfc & xpipe! No CEL after I installed the o2 extenders. I dyno'd 368.1whp 268.9 tq SAE & 379.0whp 276.8 tq STD on a dynojet. My only mods At that time were MS drop in filter/scoops and Fabspeed HFC/x-pipe w/oem mod rear.
Appreciate 0