BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

04-30-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Atl People Need Your Advice

What's up ATL, I'll be visiting you guys next week Monday thru Thursday for BMW classes. I'll be staying in Roswell @ the Doubletree Hilton, so far everyone is saying that I should try Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles, and to go visit the Aquarium? Any other cool suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
McKenna BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
What's up ATL, I'll be visiting you guys next week Monday thru Thursday for BMW classes. I'll be staying in Roswell @ the Doubletree Hilton, so far everyone is saying that I should try Gladys Knight's Chicken & Waffles, and to go visit the Aquarium? Any other cool suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Charlie
McKenna BMW
Don't live in Atlanta, but chicken and waffles ftw! FYI, the Coca Cola museum is right next door to the aquarium.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Don't live in Atlanta, but chicken and waffles ftw! FYI, the Coca Cola museum is right next door to the aquarium.
LOL why is everyone saying that? Few of my techs jokingly said that I should bring a few of my guns...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

I don't live in ATL either but love some good Chicken & Waffles for sure. That place is supposed to be great as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:26 PM   #5
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 m3 SSII Metallic

I do live in the ATL and you'd be hard pressed to find a better culinary city in the world. That might be a surprise to some but you'll find Atlanta eats to be awesome. If you want something more swanky try Bistro Niko or Chops. I'm sure you've heard of the Varsity and if you like hotdogs and onion rings it's a great place with a lot of history. As said above the coke museum and the aquarium are great attractions. What sort of classes do you have to come to Atlanta for?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:33 PM   #6
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
I do live in the ATL and you'd be hard pressed to find a better culinary city in the world. That might be a surprise to some but you'll find Atlanta eats to be awesome. If you want something more swanky try Bistro Niko or Chops. I'm sure you've heard of the Varsity and if you like hotdogs and onion rings it's a great place with a lot of history. As said above the coke museum and the aquarium are great attractions. What sort of classes do you have to come to Atlanta for?
Yeah one of my close friends was stationed in GA for the military and told me there's a lot to eat in ATL, but pretty much flying out there last minute to up my level of "expertise" as an ASM, it's going to be a product knowledge and customer service class.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:53 PM   #7
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

I have lived here for 30 years but have never had chicken and waffles. You will be a good bit out of the city but there are some good places to eat out in Roswell. Joey Ds Oak Room has some good grub. If you make it down into the city I suggest Fox Bros bbq or Daddy D's the BBQ Joynt.

If you are going to be here on the 4th that will be Caffeine and Octane Sunday. Huge car show up in Alpharetta. Definitely worth a check out. The Atlanta M clubs represent well normally. Only about 15-20 mins from where you'll be.

Now hide an ESS in your bag for me
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #8
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I have lived here for 30 years but have never had chicken and waffles. You will be a good bit out of the city but there are some good places to eat out in Roswell. Joey Ds Oak Room has some good grub. If you make it down into the city I suggest Fox Bros bbq or Daddy D's the BBQ Joynt.

If you are going to be here on the 4th that will be Caffeine and Octane Sunday. Huge car show up in Alpharetta. Definitely worth a check out. The Atlanta M clubs represent well normally. Only about 15-20 mins from where you'll be.

Yeah my friend told me to try Fox Bro's BBW as well, it's going to be difficult to stuff a big S/C in my carry on luggage but I'll try.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie@McKennaBMWService View Post
Yeah my friend told me to try Fox Bro's BBW as well, it's going to be difficult to stuff a big S/C in my carry on luggage but I'll try.
Butts are for pooping.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #10
quicktwinturbo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limited Ed Toyota Camry

I just don't get it.. What's so good about Chicken and waffle? I've been to Roescoe's and wasn't impressed.. Is that place in ATL better than the others? Check out Coke place in downtown and stone mtn?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #11
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktwinturbo View Post
I just don't get it.. What's so good about Chicken and waffle? I've been to Roescoe's and wasn't impressed.. Is that place in ATL better than the others? Check out Coke place in downtown and stone mtn?
The combo itself is just amazing if done right. It all just works (the chicken/hot sauce, waffle/syrup combo)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:04 PM   #12
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktwinturbo View Post
I don't get it either.

But the Buckhead Diner makes Chicken Fried Chicken over a Biscuit w/ Sausage Gravy for brunch on Sundays. Now that's some amazing stuff right there.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

You really could go on and on about cool ATL restaurants. I think there are a couple that were voted best burger in America. I don't get the chicken and waffles thing either and haven't been to that restaurant although it is pretty popular here. If you do come down into Buckhead for a night out you will find many great restaurants like Buckhead Diner as mentioned above. I ate there a couple days ago. Great burger. It is the same company that owns the restaurants I mentioned above. They also happen to be one of my bigger clients so I eat at their restaurants regularly. If you are more into a bohemian hippy seen then hit Virginia Highlands or Little 5 Points which are great unique areas of town. There is a place called Rosebud(named after Jerry Garcia's guitar) that is a farm to table restaurant in Virginia Highlands. They have the best fried chicken you will ever eat. I hope you enjoy your visit. I think you'll be able to leave the guns at home. I do. Although I've got the option to pack them if I want which I like.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 06:13 PM   #14
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't get it either.

But the Buckhead Diner makes Chicken Fried Chicken over a Biscuit w/ Sausage Gravy for brunch on Sundays. Now that's some amazing stuff right there.
If you haven't tried Bistro Niko for Sunday brunch yet you should put it on your list.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 06:16 PM   #15
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Hey man, I'm an ATL resident, new M3 owner and would love to come to the coffee and octane event. Where in Alpharetta is that held?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 08:29 PM   #16
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Are you free during the day or in classes all day. One lap of America is going to be at Atlanta Motorsports Park on Tuesday from 8-12.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #17
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp10 View Post
Are you free during the day or in classes all day. One lap of America is going to be at Atlanta Motorsports Park on Tuesday from 8-12.
I'll be free after 4PM, my classes are from 8AM-4PM
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:46 AM   #18
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Federer View Post
Hey man, I'm an ATL resident, new M3 owner and would love to come to the coffee and octane event. Where in Alpharetta is that held?
Sorry just saw this.

http://www.caffeineandoctane.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 09:53 AM   #19
Stillsaving4abmw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Honda accord... E92 m3 soon

Daddy dz bbq
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #20
Darth Federer
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No problem. Thanks to a brain and google I was able to find it and attend. I was shocked at how many people and great cars were out there. I was hoping to run into some M guys but I might've missed them. I got there late. Impressive gathering though. Look forward to next month.
Appreciate 0